By providing us with credit card deposit information you are agreeing to the following:
Cancellations made 30 days or more prior to the first day of your stay entitle you to a full refund. A credit for a future stay will be granted for cancellations made less than 30 days in advance, but prior to 24 hrs. We are happy to move your reservation to different units or to different dates, based on availability, with at least 24hrs notice. If you cancel any part of your reservation within 24hrs of our check-in time of 3PM, we will process the entire amount of your bill and only issue a credit for a future stay for days we’re able to re-rent the room.
We are reasonable people who realize that accidents happen- Unfortunately, a few guests with a blatant disregard for the property and our time, have caused us to put this in writing for our own protection.
1) The booking guest is responsible for any and all damage and fines for breach of policy in all units booked. Guests who do not abide by our rules or requests are subject to removal from the property with the assistance of the Grand County Sherriff’s department if needed, and are not entitled to a refund. Please report violations of rules to the Mountain Lakes Lodge and North Shore Resort staff. We cannot solve a problem unless we know it exists.
Damage includes any item on the property that is soiled, stained, broken or missing, clogged or requiring any degree of replacement or adding labor and material cost above what the management deems to be normal cleaning and maintenance. The costs of all property structure and components, fixtures, furniture, décor, mattresses and all bedding, bathroom and kitchen linens that are damaged by mud, dirt, natural materials, blood, urine, feces, vomit or other bodily fluids (human or not), hair, coffee, tea, wine and other liquids, food, ink, make-up, other chemicals, fire or smoke or require extensive cleaning, repairs, treatment or replacement will be charged to the booking guest.
There is absolutely no smoking in any of our buildings. Please don't allow smoke to drift into open doors and windows. There is a deep cleaning fee of $250-$350 for rooms have smoke smell or damage and you won't be welcome back. Smoking is prohibited within 15' of our common building entrances and common areas. This includes all walkways, community campfires and shared front porches. At North Shore Resort, it also includes the boardwalks, main deck, stairways and large garage door.
Butts are trash; Please don't LITTER by throwing them on the ground! (We pick up hundreds of butts each year on the properties.)
Butts are a fire hazard; Please extinguish and dispose of them properly. (Not on our wood siding.)
Please be considerate of other guests and staff; Don't allow drifting smoke to bother others who may have allergies, asthma or other sensitivities.
Smoking is allowed the following places on the properties:
-On the grounds, but at least 15' from playgrounds, community campfires and all building entrances* that aren't exclusive to your unit.
(*doorways, windows, stairways, walkways, decks)
-In your vehicle in the parking area.
-Colorado law doesn’t allow marijuana consumption of any kind outside/in public, but you may enjoy marijuana edibles in the units.
-North Shore Resort:
-If you occupy #01 (the Lake Granby Suite Add-On) or Unit #9, you may smoke on the small decks each of them have at the front of the building**.
-Either parking area.
-Mountain Lakes Lodge:
-At the Friends and Family Campfires. (private/1st come-1st served)
-On the back deck and in the little yard of your unit**.
(**with doors and windows closed from drifting smoke)
3) Quiet hours are between 10:30PM and 8AM. Be considerate of others during these and all other hours. If another guest or staff member has let you know that you, your pet or your music are disturbing others, please abide by their request to be quieter. This is a family place. If you want to drink and talk loudly after hours, there are many nearby venues where it’s appropriate. We’ll be happy to point you in the right direction.
4) These are “Housekeeping Cabins”, which means we do not clean your room each day and you need to do your dishes and put your trash in the dumpster when you leave. We will charge you if you don’t.
5) If you bring a pet, you must read and abide by our Pet Policy
6) Do not flush “Lady Stuff” or “Extras”. Local plumbers are very expensive.
- Towel Replacement: $10 bath, $7 hand or kitchen, $3 wash
- Bed Linen Replacement: $40 each set, $15 each sheet, $5 each pillowcase
- Mattress: $50 shampoo, $400-$1000 to replace
- Blanket, quilt or comforter: $10 each to wash, $25-$100 to replace
(Please be sure humans don’t drag pet fur onto, in or between the layers of the beds!)
- Cleaning Fur, Mud or other “Stuff” Off Furniture: $10 & up per piece.
- Plumbing: $400+ for backing up the pipes by flushing inappropriate items
- Carpeting: $25-$100 to Shampoo
(Please be sure your cooler drain is closed!)
$35 plus tax: Up to 2 dogs, up to a combined total of 80lbs in one unit for the duration of a stay.
Keep it Clean:
1) Pets are only allowed in units where a “Pet Stay Fee” has been paid. If you bring your pet, you are responsible for cleaning up after it. “Duty Bags", brooms/mops/vacuums, pet towels/rags/paper towels, are in your unit. If you need something, please ask. Thank you for helping keep the floors clean by using the boot trays for your pet's food and water.
2) White towels are for people only, so don’t use “people towels” for your pet. Paper towels, colored towels (from the office) and clean rags (in the Bucket O' Rags under every kitchen sink) are for wiping pets and their feet and cleaning up big messes. Use the plastic grocery bags provided for dirty or furry rags to keep them separate from our other linens. The mud in this area permanently stains. We have plenty of rags. Please don't make us new rags or you may have to buy us new linens.
3) Remember: It’s your duty to pick up your pets’ “duty” and that yellow snow is not a “welcome mat”. Pets go potty at the back of the buildings, please.
4) None of our furniture should qualify as "FUR-niture" when you leave. Not all of our guests bring pets, but all of them expect to find things "hotel clean". We spend hours of additional time cleaning rooms where pets have been on furniture and we will charge you for that time.* We recommend you crate your pet and request drop cloths (at the office) to help us keep things “hotel clean”. Trundle beds are not pet beds. (Really! We have to say that?)
5) If your pet goes for a swim, please dry them off before allowing them in the unit. If you bathe or groom them inside or outside the buildings, kindly clean up all hair from doing so. It reduces the property's curb appeal to have fur drifting across the lawn and sticking to the window screens. (Yes, it's actually happened!)
Keep ‘Em Under Control:
1) If you leave your pet in the unit, please notify the office and provide a working cell phone number that you will answer, in case there’s a problem. Once you’ve been notified your pet has disturbed other guests, you may not leave them alone in the unit. Do not leave them alone outside, as they and the wild animals that frequent the properties might frighten or harm each other.
2) Please be sure barking, whining and other noise does not disturb other guests.
3) Pets on the properties must be on a leash or under verbal or electronic command at all times.
4) If something on the property is destroyed, please let us know. You may want to take your purchase home with you.
You will be charged $35 (min.) for “duty”, excessive pet hair, mud, or other messes.
Fee Schedule for Pet Messes
$7 Hand or Kitchen
Bed Linen Replacement
$40 each Set
$15 each Sheet
$5 each Pillowcase
Blanket, quilt or comforter
(Please be sure humans don’t drag pet fur onto, in or between the layers of the beds!)
$10 each to Wash
$100 each to Replace
Cleaning Fur, Mud or other Dog “Stuff” Off Furniture
$10-$25 each Piece
Duty and Tinkle
$10 each Pile (outside)
$50 each Pile or Puddle (inside)
We have 2-3 people to care for accommodations for up 110 guests… We are unable to staff the office at all times.
Check In time is after 3PM and Check Out time is 10AM
Your adherence to these times, especially during high season, assures that our small staff has adequate time, with minimal interruptions, to clean and maintain the properties.
- At Mountain Lakes Lodge, leave your key in the door lock of your unit
- At North Shore Resort, leave your key in your room and lock the front door
- Be sure you have done your dishes and taken your trash to the dumpster
- Be sure you remembered your camera, eyeglasses, electronics, chargers, toys, rosary, book and that thing you hung on the back of the bathroom door